De Jong has emerged as one of the most prominent players in a growing market for midfielders. The 22-year-old Dutchman’s move to Barcelona would be something of an embarrassment for Manchester United, who are reportedly pursuing him with renewed vigor this summer.
The “frenkie de jong transfer news” is the latest in a long line of transfers that Manchester United are pursuing. Frenkie de Jong has been linked with a move to Old Trafford for some time now, and the Red Devils are reportedly willing to pay his release clause.
The summer transfer season is nearing, and speculation about who will go where is rife. Transfer Talk provides you the most up-to-date news on speculations, arrivals and departures, and, of course, completed transactions!
Ten Hag and De Jong to Reunite at Old Trafford?
According to Diario Sport, Manchester United might rejoin Erik ten Hag and Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong during the summer transfer season.
Ten Hag is hoping to rebuild the Red Devils roster when he takes charge at Old Trafford at the conclusion of the season, and de Jong has emerged as one of United’s top targets.
Barcelona, on the other hand, do not want the Netherlands international to go, believing that he can be a significant figure for the club as they seek to progress under Xavi Hernandez’s leadership.
De Jong does not want to leave the Camp Nou, according to the Spanish newspaper, but the development of ten Hag and United’s financial muscle may alter everything.
Even if the financial component means Barca may have to let de Jong leave owing to their own problems, the club will still want to retain him since he is happy at Barcelona and feels the club’s vision on the field can improve.
With the likes of Paul Pogba and Nemanja Matic ready to leave United, Ten Hag may turn to his former talisman to lead his new midfield.
– Watch ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (available in the United States only) – Don’t have ESPN? Get immediate access
According to Diario AS, seven of Europe’s top teams are targeting Benfica striker Darwin Nunez.
Nunez, 22, has 25 league goals this season in Portugal, including six during the club’s march to the Champions League quarterfinals, including both legs against Liverpool.
According to AS, Manchester United is leading the race, with Arsenal, Liverpool, and Manchester City all interested, as well as Barcelona and Atletico Madrid.
Nunez is due to depart Benfica this summer, and new United coach Erik Ten Hag has demanded his acquisition, while City see him as a backup option if Erling Halaand cannot be signed.
Nunez is wanted by Atletico Madrid to replace his international colleague Luis Suarez, while Barca sees him as a replacement for Robert Lewandowski, despite the club’s financial difficulties.
09.47 BST: Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has said that the difficulty with signing a new contract at Anfield is not just about money, admitting that he is unsure whether a deal will be reached.
Salah, whose current contract ends in June 2023, stated in an interview with Four Four Two magazine that he is convinced he will stay at the club next season, regardless of how the discussions proceed.
“I’m not sure; I only have one year left. I believe the supporters understand what I want, but the deal isn’t only about the money. So I’m not sure, and I can’t give you a precise answer. I’ve only got a year left, and the fans already know what I want “Salah said.
The 29-year-old has been a key player for Liverpool this season, scoring the most goals in the team’s quest for a historic Quadruple.
He said, ” “I’m not concerned; I don’t allow myself to be concerned about anything. The season hasn’t over yet, so let’s finish it off in the greatest possible manner. Then we’ll wait and see what happens in the next year.”
09.00 BST: Erik ten Hag believes he would not have accepted Manchester United’s position if he hadn’t been given “authority” over deals.
The Dutchman will take over at Old Trafford in the summer and claims that his contract was only signed when he was granted greater influence in player recruitment, but he stresses he does not want to be “sole dictator.”
He told Dutch news site Trouw, “I establish expectations in advance about how I want to operate.” “I won’t do anything if they aren’t granted. I am ultimately accountable and liable for the outcomes. I don’t want to be the single dictator; I believe in collaboration, but I do need control over transfers.”
Interim manager Ralf Rangnick said on Friday that he believes Ten Hag is the “best conceivable” coach for United at the moment, but that he’ll have his job cut out for him with a club in desperate need of a makeover.
Rangnick told a press conference on Friday, “I’m very certain he’s the greatest potential coach you could have right now.” “In football, you don’t always have to look on the bright side; right now, we’re looking at the dark side.” The good news is that it’s very evident that it’s not that tough; in fact, you don’t even need glasses to view and analyze the issues.
“Now it’s just a matter of figuring out how to deal with them.” It’s not enough for me to make a few little changes, to fix a few minor bugs here and there, and to perform some minor aesthetic work.
“In medicine, this is referred to as an open heart surgery. There are more things that can be adjusted than a few little details here and there.”
– Hamilton: Ten Hag, the ‘tactically excellent’ Ajax coach who won the league.
• Best movements by Barnwell: 100-51 | 50-1 • The most recent important transfers • January transfer grades
GOSSIP ON PAPER (by Danny Lewis)
– According to Sky Sports Deutschland, Karim Adeyemi of RB Salzburg will join Borussia Dortmund next season. The striker’s signature is all that is needed to seal the deal, according to the publication, with a basic transfer cost of €30 million and a possible €6 million in add-ons, while Adeyemi will earn €6.5 million each season.
– According to Ekrem Konur, Barcelona is keeping an eye on RB Leipzig’s Dani Olmo, although they are aware that a deal would be tough to execute. This is due to the club’s present financial circumstances, but with the dynamic Olmo willing to return to the club where he had his academy education, Barca remain hopeful.
– Declan Rice has rejected West Ham United’s latest contract extension offer and is considering leaving London Stadium in the summer. Despite the fact that his contract does not expire until 2024, Sky Sports reports that the Hammers are certain that their talisman will not go this summer. They’d be willing to let him go in 2023 if he hadn’t signed another deal by then, according to the article.
– Despite previous speculations to the contrary, Mundo Deportivo claims that Barcelona will not pursue Arsenal defender Gabriel Magalhaes. The Gunners will want at least €40 million for the Brazilian, which the Blaugrana would not be ready to pay for a defender, thus Cesar Azpilicueta of Chelsea seems more plausible.
– According to Football Insider, Tottenham Hotspur are keeping an eye on Aston Villa left-back Travis Patterson. The 16-year-old has yet to play for Steven Gerrard’s senior team, but he is regarded as one of the most promising young prospects to come from Villa’s system, and his recent exploits at Under-23 level have drawn the attention of Spurs scouts.
The “manchester united news” is that Manchester United has been pursuing Barcelona’s Frenkie de Jong. The Red Devils have offered a deal worth £76million and are willing to increase the offer if they don’t get their man.
- frenkie de jong manchester united
- frenkie de jong transfermarkt
- manchester united transfer news
- man utd news today live