When Microsoft released its latest update to Windows 10, some users may have been hit with an unexepected error message. Here’s a fix for the issue and what you can do if it happens again.
The “system thread exception not handled boot loop” is a problem that happens when your system has been running for a long period of time. This error can happen if you have an app that is constantly trying to run in the background and it never gets shut down.
The most terrifying thing a Windows user may encounter is the blue screen of death, or BSOD. However, the user is known as the system thread exception not handled in Windows 10.
This indicates that your computer generated an error exception that the handler was unable to manage. A blue screen of death has emerged as a consequence.
So, how do you resolve the system thread exception not handled error? There are a few of options for doing so.
In this essay, I’ll look at the most effective solutions for resolving the problem. So let’s get started:
Also see: How to Quickly Fix ERR INTERNET DISCONNECTED Error
How Do I Fix The Error “System Thread Exception Not Handled”?
1. Examine the Error Log File
Checking the error log file is one of the first things you can do. So you can figure out what’s causing the problem and then take actions to resolve it.
This solution necessitates the use of Safe mode. So, here are the measures to take:
- You should be in Safe mode if you restart your computer and keep pressing the F8 key.
- To start Run, use Windows Key + R once you’ve entered safe mode.
- Enter eventvwr into the search box.
- Go to System -> Windows Logs.
- You should be able to view the mistake over here.
Once you’ve worked out what’s causing the problem, go back to Google and type in the error.
2. Drivers must be updated, reinstalled, or rolled back.
One of the most prevalent difficulties caused by defective or incompatible drivers is system thread exception not handled. So, if any of the drivers were recently updated, you may roll them back or attempt upgrading your current drivers.
We’ll need to enter safe mode once again for this. So, after you’ve done that, go to the instructions below:
Drivers must be updated:
- Go to Device Manager by pressing Windows + X.
- Now, right-click each driver and choose Update Driver from the context menu.
- Following that, Windows will look for updated drivers and install them for you automatically.
Drivers of reversal:
If the error occurred shortly after a driver was updated, reverting to the previous version of the driver may resolve the problem. You must go to the Device Manager to revert the driver.
Then, right-click on the driver you want to roll back and choose Properties from the context menu.
Then choose Rollback driver from the Driver menu.
Install the driver again:
Reinstalling a driver is another option. To do so, go to Device Manager, select the driver, and then right-click on it to uninstall it.
3. Get your system files fixed.
The thread exception in the system Corrupted system files might also cause the not handled error. As a result, mending them is a smart idea. So, go ahead and do the following:
- Select Windows terminal by pressing Windows + X. (Admin). If you’re in Safe mode, choose CMD from the advanced settings menu.
- Enter sfc /scannow into the command prompt. This will begin the process of replacing any damaged or missing system files.
If you have any problems after performing the command, you may try running DISM to restore your PC’s health.
So, one by one, execute the following commands in Windows Terminal or CMD:
Exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth /Exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth Cleanup-image /Restorehealth /Exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restore
4. Rename the driver that isn’t working.
You may change the driver to anything else if you locate a file called or related with the system thread exception not handled error code. This will cause Windows to download and install a fresh copy of the driver.
Follow the procedures below to rename the driver:
- Type CMD into the Windows search box.
- Right-click it and choose Yes -> Run as administrator.
- C: should be typed in and then pressed enter.
- cd windowssystem32drivers (hit enter) ren FILENAME.sys FILENAME.old ren FILENAME.sys FILENAME.old Here, you must change FILENAME with the name of the damaged driver file.
- Finally, type exit and hit enter, then restart your computer.
5. Revert your computer to a previous version.
If you’ve ever made a backup of your computer. Then you may restore it to a point when the system thread exception not handled problem occurred.
You’ll need a Windows system repair disc or a recovery disk for this. If you have it, follow the instructions below:
- First, boot up your computer and pick your favorite language from the system repair disc.
- After that, choose Troubleshoot -> Advanced options from the Repair menu.
- Then choose a system restore point and follow the onscreen prompts.
I hope the techniques above were helpful in resolving the system thread exception not handled issue.
If the issue persists, I propose reinstalling Windows from the System -> Recovery menu and seeing if it solves the problem.
Also see: How to Fix the Windows 10 Error NET::ERR CERT AUTHORITY INVALID
Watch This Video-
“The “system thread exception not handled windows 8” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft released an update to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error system thread exception not handled?
A: This is a common error that Windows users may encounter when launching their game. To fix this, try changing your audio settings in the Beat Saber app to stereo or disable any other sound devices you are currently using if possible.
What is a system thread exception not handled?
A: A system thread exception is a situation where it is not possible for the currently running operating system (OS) to handle an error, such as if there was a memory allocation failure or some other fatal condition. In these cases, Windows will often crash and restart in order to recover from the problem, but sometimes this can cause irreversible corruption of user data.
- system thread exception not handled windows 10 2021
- system thread exception not handled windows 11
- system thread exception not handled can t get to safe mode
- system thread exception not handled ram
- system thread exception not handled reddit